Sunday, July 1, 2007

Mother and Father

This morning I talked to my mother for the first time in a few weeks. She's doing well, dealing with the loss of my father as can be expected. (He died three months ago today, actually.) I feel kind of bad that this was the first time I'd spoken to her in so long, but she didn't seem to mind.

A lot of guys hate their mothers, when they're teenagers at least. I never went through that phase. My father was an alcoholic, and I was an only child, so guess who all of his rage was taken out on? So my mother and I were close.

Today I'm going on a blind date with someone named "Christine." That should be interesting. :) It's been a while since I've dated... ever since Erica, that is.

So anyway, I'm gonna go for now. I'll write later to tell you how the date was.

No comments: