Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lucky Number Seven (Seven Oh Seven)

OK, as you all know (all 0 of you who are actually reading this) today is 7/7/07, supposedly the luckiest day of the century. (I say, what about 2077? Then we have 7/7/77... But I guess there aren't 77s on the slot machines.)

Anyway.

It was a lucky day for me, in fact. Christine called me at 10:00 this morning and said she wanted to know if I was interested in her. I said of course I was, trying to muster up the courage to not sound like a babbling idiot. In my head I kept saying "Basic Principles - no matter what, no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom."

I could tell Christine was nervous too. "Ok..." she said.

"Christine, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked. "I mean, I totally understand if you'd rather be friends-"

"Sure," was her reply.

I'm floating on top of the world right now. Hopefully I don't see any large spheres...

We're going out for dinner later tonight. I'm picking her up at 8.

No comments: